Self Employed Consultant

by Richard

How do I pay GST/HST?

I am a self employed consultant working on commission. I bill a company quarterly for my service.

Do I pay GST/HST on the total amount?


image of fancy scroll lines

Hi Richard,

When learning a new skill, it takes research and practice. Look over my chat on A Guide to GST/HST Registration in Canada.

If you still have questions after reading the article, please post back here using the comments link below.

Good Luck!

Comments for Self Employed Consultant

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 27, 2011
by: Anonymous

Hi There,

What I know is that if your one year commission is over C$30,000, then you should be collecting (charging) the HST based on your commission.

This requires you to register with CRA to get your HST number. After you are registered, all your commission invoices should charge HST.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to GST HST.

Enjoy A Tea Break With
Me Today. Let's Chat!

Use the search feature to quickly find the
information you're looking for.

Like this page? Please let Google
know by clicking the +1 button.

Heartbleed Bug

An excellent article to check out on Mashable:

The Heartbleed Hit List: The Passwords You Need To Change Right Now

Your Learning Curve!

How to do MonthEnd | Month-End Procedures

Click on the cover to learn more.

Warm up your tea cup and check out these chats ...

Click on image above to read the chat.

Purchasing These Products Through My Links Helps To Support This Site

Click on image above for my review.

Join Me On Facebook

Help support this site by "liking" me!

(Listed Under Websites NOT Under Local Business. This website is not associated with any business operating in Bonnyville Alberta.)

Jump The Learning Curve
With This eBook
A Handy Reference

Bookkeeping checklist that are a handy reference.

Click on the cover to learn more.