In 2010, I switched my business model to be an online virtual bookkeeper. This means I work solely with small business owners throughout British Columbia and Alberta via the internet and telephone while working from south eastern British Columbia, Canada.
My paperless bookkeeping services help YOU get control of your finances so YOU can put MORE money in your pocket ... legally.
Some of the advantages of working with me virtually are:
If you think you are comfortable working online with digitized documents, like QuickBooks software services and would like to work with me as your online virtual bookkeeper, here is how my process works ...
(1) Once you contact me to make an inquiry, and we have exchanged an email or two, maybe a phone conference, where I learn about your business and your dreams ... and we've decided we would be a good fit, I will send you a customized quote tailored to your needs with three service package options to choose from.
(2) After you have selected your service package, I will draw up an engagement letter, based on the information you have provided, confirming the nature of our relationship and our respective obligations and responsibilities.
(3) You choose your method of delivering your source documents to me ... my encrypted email service (servers are located in Canada), a drop box of MY choice or an authorized Intuit app of MY choice. As you will be submitting your documents online, you will need to purchase a scanner if you don't have one yet. I recommend ScanSnap as it is fast and efficient, unlike the old flatbed scanners or all-in-one printer scanners. (You also have the option of mailing me your documents which I will scan for a fee and return or using a service such as LedgerDocs.)
(4) When I receive your signed engagement letter, I will send you a list of documents I require to get started. You will use the list to gather your documents to send me for processing. I prepare audit ready books ... so be prepared to get frustrated and annoyed when I send you back to search for even more paperwork than you originally submit. This means just downloading your transactions into an accounting software program in NOT enough. You need to match a supporting document to EVERY transaction you download ... "they" don't tell you that!
(5) Upon receiving your package, I will send you a PayPal invoice requesting a deposit prior to processing. The customized flat/fixed fee billed will have been discussed and agreed upon prior to this based on the service package you selected.
(6) Once processing is complete in QuickBooks desktop or online versions, I will send you a monthly financial package by encrypted email to help you run your business. If you don't know how to read the reports, I will spend time educating you (included in your monthly fee) on how to read the information contained in the reporting package.
(7) I may make suggestions on changes you should make to run your business more profitably and efficiently. I will explain the compliance rules as I understand them and what you need to do to comply with them. I offer this service at no additional charge. My goal is to help you operate your business profitably and efficiently.
(8) At year-end, your flat/fixed rate processing fee may be over and above your monthly processing fee ... it will depend on what we agreed upon. Your year-end processing includes an e-Binder of your source documents that is audit ready for your accountant or the tax auditor.
(9) If we need to "meet" so you can show me something or I need to show you something, we'll get together using one of the online meeting services.
If you are curious about what I would be doing with all the information you send me, read "So What In The Heck Will The Bookkeeping Help Be Doing?".
If you are curious about what your responsibilities are when you hire a bookkeeper, read "What Are Your Responsibilities When You Hire A Bookkeeper?"
If you are curious about how to tell if you need bookkeeping help or can do the books yourself, read "How Do I Know If I Need Bookkeeping Help?"
If you are wondering how much professional bookkeeping, accounting and tax preparation will cost, my advice is to budget $3,000 - $5,000 a year if you are a sole proprietor. A corporation should expect to spend $5,000 - $8,000 or more due the increased administrative burden. Read more on "How Bookkeeping Fees are Structured".
L. Kenway, B Comm CPB
A boutique, concierge bookkeeper
Advanced Certified Cloud ProAdvisor
QuickBooks Online Canada
"Profit doesn't happen one day. It's
not an event, it's a habit."
“The first and most important threshold for the growth of your company is to stop seeing it as an extension of yourself and start seeing it as its own being, with its own needs, aspirations and destiny. It’s when you set it free that it becomes your servant and not your master.”
"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting with the first one."
Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain
It's tough to grow your business AND increase your profit at the same time. Let ME show you how to put your objective of profit first. I began to earn more and work less by downsizing my business. Learn how to stop the sell-grow cycle and get out of entrepreneurial poverty.