Capital Cost Allowance Misclassification

by Richard
(London ON)

I am presently doing my limited company tax (T2) filing.

In last year's filing, I messed up & included a UCC amount for computer/software (class 50/52) under class 10 (Auto).

How can I correct this to move it back to class 50/52 in this years filing? Do I need to refile last year's return with the CRA?

Many thanks

image of fancy scroll lines

Hi Richard,

Yes, you will have to amend your prior year tax return to correct the error.

I just want to point out that class 50 and 52 have different CCA rates ... they are not same. Take a moment to ensure you have chosen the correct CCA class.

Also, to avoid an error like this in the future, you should always reconcile your CCA schedule to your financial statement depreciation working paper.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Home Business Taxes.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.

Enjoy A Tea Break With
Me Today. Let's Chat!

Use the search feature to quickly find the
information you're looking for.

Your Learning Curve!


Warm up your tea cup and check out these chats ...

Click on image above to read the chat.

Join Me On Facebook

Help support this site by "liking" me! Here's where I post current information.

Listed Under Websites NOT Local Business.
This website is NOT associated with the business operating in Bonnyville AB.

A Handy Reference