Non-resident Deductions

by Henry
(Miami, Florida, USA)

My family, home and permanent residency is in the USA.

I own an apartment building (live-in), business in Canada and an American-bought car with Florida license

Can I deduct gas, American cell phone used in Canada and repairs on my Canadian business tax?

I also pay American Tax. I want to go back to America in the future.

image of fancy scroll lines

Hi Henry,

I know very little about the ins and outs of non-resident tax preparation.

I suggest you visit Phil Hogan's website. He specializes in cross border tax and takes questions on his site too. You can find his site at> category> cross border tax.

P.S. I would like to remind you there is a difference between information and advice. The general information provided in this post or on my site should not be construed as advice. You should not act or rely on this information without engaging professional advice specific to your situation prior to using this site content for any reason whatsoever.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Bookkeeping Resources.

Enjoy A Tea Break With
Me Today. Let's Chat!

Use the search feature to quickly find the
information you're looking for.

Your Learning Curve!


Join Me On Facebook

Help support this site by "liking" me! Here's where I post current information.

Listed Under Websites NOT Local Business.
This website is NOT associated with the business operating in Bonnyville AB.

A Handy Reference