Recording Bookkeeping Fees

What is the correct account to record fees paid to a bookkeeper? Professional fees or miscellaneous expenses?

image of fancy scroll lines


Generally, the expense account Professional Fees applies to legal, accounting and tax work. Bookkeeping fees would fall under the accounting umbrella.

Whenever possible, try to minimize the use of miscellaneous expense.

Click here to post comments

Return to Ask a Bookkeeping Question.


Back to top