Reporting HST on T2


When doing your business tax (on the short form) is revenue gross or net of HST?

I don't know why I would have to pay income tax on tax I collect, but I can't find anywhere on the T2 to report it. Help!

image of fancy scroll lines

Hey there,

(1) This is a bookkeeping site, not a tax preparation site. I sometimes talk about tax because you need to have an understanding of the basic rules to do great bookkeeping.

(2) I specialize in sole proprietorships ... my corporate tax preparation is very limited. However, your question says to me that you are out of your depth and missing some basic accounting principles ... hire a tax professional to prepare your corporate tax return. It doesn't pay in the long run to skimp on tax preparation ... particularly for a CCPC.

I am fairly sure that you are good at other things in your business. It is important to know what you don't know ... and when it is time to contract out the work. Wouldn't you rather be spending your time on the other things you are good at and enjoy? :0)

Click here to post comments

Return to GST HST.

Enjoy A Tea Break With
Me Today. Let's Chat!

Use the search feature to quickly find the
information you're looking for.

Your Learning Curve!


Join Me On Facebook

Help support this site by "liking" me! Here's where I post current information.

Listed Under Websites NOT Local Business.
This website is NOT associated with the business operating in Bonnyville AB.

A Handy Reference