Transportation to the Job

I want to pay my employees part of their gas because they live a distance from the job - but it IS THEIR REGULAR JOB, we are not talking about different job sites. I realize that this is taxable but must CPP and EI be applied as well?

image of fancy scroll lines

Generally if an amount paid to an employee is taxable, it is also pensionable and insurable ... so deduct CPP, EI, and income tax.

CRA's publication T4130 Employers' Guide - Taxable Benefits and Allowances has a benefits chart on the last two pages which shows if you include GST/HST on the benefit/allowance and whether you are required to withhold CPP & EI, along with the T4 codes.

Click here to post comments

Return to Payroll Taxes.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.

Enjoy A Tea Break With
Me Today. Let's Chat!

Use the search feature to quickly find the
information you're looking for.

Your Learning Curve!


Warm up your tea cup and check out these chats ...

Click on image above to read the chat.

Join Me On Facebook

Help support this site by "liking" me! Here's where I post current information.

Listed Under Websites NOT Local Business.
This website is NOT associated with the business operating in Bonnyville AB.

A Handy Reference